It's the last day of summer! Can you believe it has already come and gone?
In order to prepare for the upcoming fall season, we are giving you a few fall chores you can complete quickly and easily. Last week, we helped you transform your garage floors.
(We told you it would make a difference!)
This week, we are helping you with deck and driveway repair/fall preparation. Take a look!
Keep your deck looking great through fall with a little TLC!
1. Sand the surface of your deck with 80-grit sandpaper and sweep clean.
2. With a roller or push broom, spread deck cleaner (allowing it to set for the recommended amount of time).
3. Scrub tough areas you may have missed with a stiff (non-metal) brush.
4. Spray the deck off thoroughly with a hose or pressure washer.
After using the TLC tips above, consider staining your deck. It's easy! Follow the steps below:
1. Wait 2 days for your deck to thoroughly dry.
2. Cover deck boards 2 at a time with a thin, even coat of stain (well shaken) using a roller or sprayer.
3. Be sure to coat corners, steps, railings, etc. with a paintbrush.
4. Repeat the process until the deck is entirely covered.
(Tip: 2 thin coats are better than one thick!)
The long, hot summer might have caused your driveway to crack. Here's how to repair the damage!
1. Prep your driveway by removing any dirt or vegetation with a wire brush and broom. Flush out any remaining debris with a garden hose. Let dry.
2. Repair the cracks by applying pourable crack filler or stone grade crack filler (according to package directions).
3. Let it cure! Wait at least 24 hours (maybe even up to 48) before driving or walking on the repaired area.
There you go, some deck and driveway repair tips for fall! Make sure you follow us on Facebook for all kinds of other home DIY tips & tricks! At Overhead Door, we take pride in the look of your home and want to make sure it looks the best it possibly can. That's why we provide a aesthetically appealing product that not only protects your home, but is meant to last.
For all your garage door needs, think Overhead Door!