The holidays are right around the corner, and looks like you need some more garage space! With the extra food and guests coming in town, we know it is important to have everything prepared ahead of time.
Here are a few pointers to make sure your holiday season is nice and orderly.
Minimalism is key here. Keeping clutter to a minimum can make your life less stressful and make your home much easier to organize.
Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- If you are keeping things because you can’t bear to part with them. Unpack them and find them a place within your home. If they must remain packed, the attic is always better storage then the garage.
- Go through your memory boxes. Try and create a pile to give away, sell and keep. Keeping the “keep” pile to a minimum.
- Have one box per child for special things. This will allow you to sort through what really is important.
- Think about how long something has been in storage. If it is too long, it probably means it needs to go.
- Ask yourself if you could replace it. If you can, or it wouldn’t break the bank to purchase another it is worth getting rid of.
Once you have minimalized, it’s time to clean. Once you do this deep clean it will only be small maintenance from here on out.
- Clean everything. Dust corners, wipe down walls, and vacuum.
- Wipe down shelves.
- Group boxes and minimal clutter by categories.
- Don’t forget to label boxes for easy location.
Find a great time for you to clean. Weather this is right before bed or while the little ones are napping, having a set time to pick up can really make a difference.
- Make sure to think twice before putting something away, do you really need it?
- Put everything in the boxes they are supposed to be stored.
Make an easy checklist to make sure you don’t forget a thing!
And last but not least, if your garage door isn’t working properly in time for the holidays give us a call. Well make sure to be there to lend a hand. http://www.overheaddoorsanangelo.com/